As Salaamu Alaykum wa Rehmatulahi wa Barkatahu
Update from LV Physicians Panel on Mask and Social distancing
InshaAllah at EPMA we shall follow the LV Physicians Panel recommendations starting Maghrib July 9th, 2021.
“As the COVID new cases rate has markedly decreased and the percentage of fully vaccinated adults in the state of Pennsylvania exceeds 60%, the LV Physician Panel recommends lifting all previous restrictions imposed. Prayers can be lined similar to pre COVID.”
However, we strongly recommend masks for the community members who are not fully vaccinated and those with weak immune systems caused by medical conditions or medications. May Allah protect us all.
We also recommend you bring your own prayer mat for additional hygiene and protection.
Jazakallah kharian for your cooperation.
As Salaamu Alaikum,
InshaAllah EPMA will resume Friday Prayer this week i.e. Dec 11, 2020 at 1:10pm, in alignment with the LV Physician Panel.
- Prayer will be held in upper main hall, social hall, lower musallah (occupancy reduced in last two).
- Once spots are filled, doors will be closed. Please arrive early.
- Congregants will be provided with a plastic bag to carry their shoes with them.
- Multiple doors to be used for exiting
- Volunteers will monitor congregants to ensure proper PPE and social distancing.
- Khateeb will have a face shield or a plexi glass around the podium.
- Sisters are asked to pray at home.
- Elderly and those at risk are strongly encouraged to pray at home.
- Khutbah will be shorter than usual.
If you or anyone you have been in contact with is sick, stay at home!! Even if you do not have symptoms!!
For remaining policies, please check out the full document: https://epmaonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Masjid-Reopening-Plan.pdf
The Easton Phillipsburg Muslim Association (EPMA) is a non profit 501c(3) organization, serving religious, educational and social needs of the Muslim community in Easton, Phillipsburg and surrounding areas.
Alhamdulillah we have completed several projects in the masjid since the last fundraiser. These include the installation of a new roof, repaving both parking lots, conversion of boiler from oil to gas, Free Clinic renovations, and several other smaller projects. Aside from critical tasks like the repair of the bell-tower, we also replaced the floor in the upper hall. InshaAllah next we need to construct wudu are for sisters and remodeling the kitchen. We appreciate your continual support.